PROGRAMMES OF THE CENTER
The Centre for Qur'anic Studies, in the pursuance of its mandate, runs a series of short and long-term courses and trainings in different aspects of Qur'anic Science. Some of the courses include.
- Refresher Courses for Teachers of Model Tsangaya Schools (Courses to be offered include Qur’anic memorization Skills, Tajweed, Fundamental teachings of the Qur’an, Administration of Model Tsangaya Schools.)
- Qur’anic exhibition (display of manuscripts, calligraphy Zayyana( beautification of Qur’anic calligraphy), types of Gafaka( Qur’anic bags, covers etc) Tafasir, Qur’anic Instruments/materials used in Tsangaya, Qur’anic Programmes, projects,etc).
- Conference/ Seminar/ Workshop on important Themes of Qur’anic studies (Local, National,International).
- Electronic Journal/ Blog site which relates knowledge, news and Developments related to Qur’an, Qur’anic and Islamiyya Schools.
- Electronic Qur’anic Studies Group.
- Setting up a specialized Qur’anic library.
- Setting up a Qur’anic language laboratory to facilitate teaching, learning of Qur’an and recording of recitations.
- Capacity building programmes for Huffaz, participants in Qur’anic competition, certificate courses, granting of Ijazah/Silsilah.
- Workshop for Imams, Hisbah and Zakat officers Shari’ah Court judges, Teachers of Arabic/Islamic Studies in Primary and Integrated Tsangaya schools.
- Workshops/courses for Alarammomi.
- Building a befitting multi-purpose hostel accommodation and a Model Tsangaya of the Centre.
- Pre-Ramadan Workshop for scholars who conduct Tafsir.
- Organise short but captivating weekly Radio programme (Contact local stations for possible free slots).
- Developing a Standard curriculum and syllabus for Qur’anic schools.
- Organising the teaching of Qur’an in Mosques for adults.